Zonealarm and E-mails

basell 13:51 28 Jun 03

I have zonealarm on the computer. The problem is I can?t get my e-mail using outlook express with the firewall running. I can get onto the Internet because I have entered the IP address but I can?t see how to set the firewall up for the e-mails. Any help appreciated.

powerless 13:55 28 Jun 03

"I can get onto the Internet because I have entered the IP address but I can?" Care to explain a little more?

The email have you allowed OE to access the internet?

In ZA > Program Control > Programs > Find Outlook Express and allow it access to the internet zone > Left click and choose allow under the "Access" column.

basell 14:28 28 Jun 03

Powerless

I had already carried out your recommendations but that doesn?t work.

Internet set up
I have an IP address of 80.4.59.133/255.255.255.0. So enter zonealarm, firewall and then main, right click the IP address select add and IP range. At the next box enter the IP address. First set of numbers on the first line second set on the second line click ok and then apply. I then restarted the computer and went onto the Internet with zonealarm running.

Best of luck.

Sharpamatt 17:16 28 Jun 03

when I set up zone alarm i let it use basic and confirm, as each program statrs you get a confirmation box and that way getting everything working is simple and easy

basell 18:18 28 Jun 03

The answer to the problem was that the internet security zone was set high by reducing it to medium I?m able to get my e-mails.

Big Elf 18:34 28 Jun 03

Like Sharpamatt I also let ZA ask for confirmation of each programs access. It may be worth checking out your 'stealth mode' status at Steve Gibsons site at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017