ZoneAlarm with AOL BB?

stlucia 11:48 03 Mar 04

Someone has suggested to me that ZoneAlarm maybe doesn't work with AOL BB. Is there any truth to this and, if so, what firewall is recommended for AOL?

JIM 11:59 03 Mar 04

Type firewall in AOL keyword,You can also reg,for firewall cover from keyword information.Lists answers to problems with ZoneAlarm and more.

Zone Alarm 2.6 and Zone Alarm 3.0 For EG.

Steps to Adjust Your Firewall Access Controls

The following steps will modify your firewall security to allow AOL to work with your firewall software and connect to the AOL service without reducing your security level in respect of other types of software.

1. Right-click on the Zone Alarm icon in the System Tray, or if the icon is not present, run the program from the Start menu.

2. Click on Zone Alarm Control Centre.

3. Locate and click on the Security button.

4. Drop the Internet Settings from high to medium via the slider bar.

5. Locate and click on the Program button.

6. Locate AOL, then right-click on Remove.
7. Restart AOL and when Zone Alarm asks to give it access, click Yes.

Zone Alarm 3.0

Steps to Adjust Your Firewall Access Controls

The following steps will modify your firewall security to allow AOL to work with your firewall software and connect to the AOL service without reducing your security level in respect of other types of software.

If you have any questions about your firewall software, it is strongly recommended that you contact your firewall software supplier for further information.

1. Right-click on the Zone Alarm icon in the System Tray or if the icon is not present, run the program from the Start menu.

2. Click on Zone Alarm Control Centre.

3. Locate and click on the Firewall button.

4. Drop the Internet Settings from high to medium via the slider bar.

5. Locate and click on the Program button.

6. Locate WAOL.EXE, then right-click on Remove.

7. Restart AOL and when Zone Alarm asks to give it access, click Yes.

Muzzsjm 12:37 03 Mar 04

Hi...

I work for AOL, contact 0800 376 4406 for all AOL Broadband enquires, or change to a good ISP.

Note: I am leaving the company for a better job tomorrow lol...

Warning: You may get through to India, if so put the phone down and try again, its a free phone number.

AOL provide Firewall and Antivirus software with BB.

stlucia 12:58 03 Mar 04

Thanks Jim and Muzzsjm. I got the free trial version of ZoneAlarm in anticipation of getting BB, but if AOL comes with firewall it looks like I won't need it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…