ZoneAlarm again

naggis 19:28 29 Mar 04

In the past I have had problems with ZA but having tried a couple of alternatives have returned to it. After a clean reinstall of XP, ZA still asks if I should allow "Generic Host Process for WIN 32 to act as a server". It does this every startup. What is this about? Is this server necessary? If not how do I disable it? Its driving me demented!!

User-312386 19:38 29 Mar 04

open zone alarm and do not allow access to this programme and then see if you can access the internet

naggis 20:00 29 Mar 04

madboy - I have done that and it does allow access to the internet. Its just the hastle of having to tell it what to do about this same thing every time windows starts.

Halmer 20:10 29 Mar 04

but I've ended up green ticking it in Program Control just to stop it asking me for permission every time.

naggis 20:16 29 Mar 04

Thanks Halmer - I'll try that

Halmer 20:57 29 Mar 04

click here

I've just noticed this thread that has been posted today. Just be careful. Maybe you can tell me what it means???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…