ZoneAlarm

woodchip 23:06 08 Feb 03

Just a quicky why does free ZoneAlarm stop PCA turning pages until I clear it. IS there a way to stop it doing that

leo49 23:38 08 Feb 03

Not sure what you mean by "clear it". Mine just sits in tray unobtrusively doing the business.

Regards

ellas 23:45 08 Feb 03

theres plenty at the zonealarm forum about this,no probs with zapro,this is the advice there giving, First look in the event viewer in administrative tools and see if XP is showing some kind of conflict, if there isn't try this
1. Go into the Overview Preferences tab and turn off the autostart.
2. Reboot into safe mode.
3. Go into the internet logs folder (do a search if you don't know where it lives it varies per OS).
4. Delete everything in that folder.
5. Empty the recycle bin.
6. Reboot into normal windows.
7. Recheck the Autostart.

You will loose any customizations you have made to ZA

woodchip 23:46 08 Feb 03

When it stop's access to my comp the red and yellow icon in sys tray changes as you know I have to double click the icon and click on clear alerts before it will change the page sometimes. then more often than not it works

ellas 23:47 08 Feb 03

link if you want to check them out click here I put "stops turning pages until I clear it" in there search box.

Pumas 23:58 08 Feb 03

Whem it asks you to "clear it", check the box that says remember this answer next tim (or similar) before clicking "yes"

Hope this helps.

Pumas

woodchip 23:59 08 Feb 03

Thank's but it's a case of remove or stick with on there as it's a bug according to what is said

woodchip 00:02 09 Feb 03

never seen it say that it's the basic free ZA

leo49 00:20 09 Feb 03

Sorry woodchip, I'm in the middle of a game of Battlechess and my bishop was about to be defrocked.

Have you got the latest version? - I've still got 3.1.219 and have never seen this occur.

barryoneoff 00:22 09 Feb 03

every time you get a warning.

woodchip 16:10 09 Feb 03

Old version 2.6.231 I will check that one out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…