jorf 17:39 19 Jun 05

Having just obtained broadband and am using a router I find Zonealarm stops me browsing or getting or sending email. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and changed from dialup to adsl setting but cannot connect if it is running. The settings are default. Help please as I am nervous of not having a firewall.

dogbreath1 17:47 19 Jun 05

Launch Zone Alarm, click on Program Control>Programs Tab and scroll down to your browser in the list. The left hand two columns (Trusted and Internet) should be ticked. If not, click to change and try browsing again. Similarly with your email client.

dogbreath1 17:49 19 Jun 05

Some routers have their own firewall. Mine doesn't, but it does occur to me that there could be a potential for conflict...but I'm sure someone else will advise you on this.

VoG II 17:51 19 Jun 05

Also see click here and click here

jorf 17:55 19 Jun 05

Thank you very much, I will do as ou both suggest and get this kit working properly again. Bless you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…