zonealarm????

madPentium 23:04 12 Sep 03

I am confused about the prompts. Whenever I dial up to the internet I am asked if application svhost.exe can have access to the internet. What exactly is this?
Then ccap or something similar, but I think this is norton antivirus and I say yes to this.
Then every 3 seconds I am 'pinged'. Surrely
this isnt hackers?

Please can someone give me some
explanations

Many thanks

Giggle n' Bits 23:18 12 Sep 03

click here;en-us;319161

If you go to the Microsoft.com Support site and search for Knowledge base article No. 319161 your answer will be there.

madPentium 23:36 12 Sep 03

I dont get an error message saying it wants to shut down, and I dont use Novell. Zonealarm simply tells me that this program wants access to the internet and I dont know what it is.

Many thanks

VoG II 23:44 12 Sep 03

If you really mean "svhost" then you've got the Blaster virus.

If you really meant "scvhost" that is part of Windows and multiple instances can be running at one time.

Ironman556 23:44 12 Sep 03

I just block it, doesn't seem to do any harm.

Ironman556 23:47 12 Sep 03

If it's "svhost" then search the forum and you'll find loads of threads on how to remove the blaster worm.

madPentium 17:34 13 Sep 03

sorry, its svChost

Ironman556 10:04 14 Sep 03

If you want to blobk it from the internet you should be safe to, I do and havn't found anything doesn't work.

If you're using the free edition of ZA it probably throws ecery warning at you it can. I think there's a thread or two about it, if you upgrade to ZA Pro then it will select what to warn you about, making it look like you're better protected. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…