zone labs security suite or nortan security suite

SEROQUEL 20:24 27 Nov 04

what is the best security suite to buy nortan or zone labs. thanks

jimv7 20:27 27 Nov 04

Free Sygate home firewall, works better, less intrusive.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:53 27 Nov 04

There is no point whatsoever in a home user paying. Use the free versions, they are as good. AVG and ZA, both free version will give you more than enough protection.

THE TERMINATOR 02:21 28 Nov 04

Sorry I disagree with that last statement. I have NORTON Anti-Virus and Firewall and have had NO viruses or Hijack intrusions, and the software is updated automatically, and you have the added knowledge that SYMANTEC will always be there for you....TT

hugh-265156 02:58 28 Nov 04

im with GANDALF <|:-)> here.

having used norton internet security 2002 before i found it easy enough to use but updates were few and far between for the AV.

now use free AVG and ZA. updates for AVG are thick and fast and ZA is updated regularly.

AVG has saved me a few times due to my own willy nilly clicking. i back up AVGs findings every so often with a symantec online security check click here all free so you have the best of both worlds.

hugh-265156 03:02 28 Nov 04

ps. the free version of avg updates itself automatically too also click here

free ZA lets you know when an update is available so you can download it click here

User-312386 04:07 28 Nov 04

zonealarm all the time

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:45 28 Nov 04

I use AVG and have no firewall for the last three years. I have had no viruses or 'hijack intrusions'.

In the last 3 weeks I have had to take Norton Security Suite off 5 computers as it slowed them up. Watching it uninstall will show anyone how intrusive this programme really is. It is one of the slowest that I have ever seen. Any home users would be better putting the cost of Norton towards an external HD for backup.

rawprawn 11:52 28 Nov 04

I boght Zone Labs security Suite, but it kept crashing my computer. I never found out why, and Zone Labs refunded my money. I have reverted to Zone alarm free and Avast. no problems whatsoever and from now on that is what I will use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…