Zone Alarm / Windows 98 - any known problems?

avesnes 10:58 15 Feb 05

Are there any known problems with this combination as opposed to 98SE? Thanks for any guidance.

Alan H E 11:08 15 Feb 05

I have no problems at present & have had it for over a year. Is it a specific thing you are thinking of?

avesnes 07:33 17 Feb 05

Alan, Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the systems listed by Zone Alarm mentions Windows 98SE but not the earlier 98. I had a few crashes but it may be due to the combination of Windows 98, Zone Alarm and AVG Free. I've been using Outpost ever since without any problem so it was more of just a passing thought.

avesnes 07:34 17 Feb 05

Alan, Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the systems listed by Zone Alarm mentions Windows 98SE but not the earlier 98. I had a few crashes but it may be due to the combination of Windows 98, Zone Alarm and AVG Free. I've been using Outpost ever since without any problem so it was more of just a passing thought.

pk470 16:35 17 Feb 05

No problems when running W98SE WME W2000 WXP.
Running AVG SOHO V7.
W95 W98 were not a USB aware before later patches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…