Zone Alarm updates

curly 13:38 27 Nov 05

I am using the free edition of Zone Alarm as a Firewall. I operate Windows XP. My version is out of date and I receive messages from Zone Alarm saying so and offering the option to download an update. I tick the box but the download never occurs. This also happened some months ago and I then deleted Zone Alarm and downloaded the up to date version. I would welcome suggestions as to what I should do to enable updates in the normal manner.

Stuartli 14:28 27 Nov 05

ZoneAlarm updates are comparatively infrequent and it's best to set for Manual updating - there's always at least one thread on the forums advising one is available.

You don't need to reinstall ZA. Just install over the old version (upgrade rather than clean install) and click Yes when asked about the type of installation. Your configuration will then be retained, except you will have to choose Manual rather than Automatic updates as the latter is the default.

In any case if you don't update immediately a new version comes out there's nothing to worry about.

curly 09:40 28 Nov 05

Thank you for your helpful and informative reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…