Zone Alarm update problems on PC

Wrighty 01:15 25 Nov 04

Hi there,

I have Sony laptop using XP Pro when the latest update to Zone Alarm was installed i started to get True Vecter Engine problems. PC started to freeze alot when this message came on screen.

Tried wiping system and re installing Zone Alarm but problem is still there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wrighty

hugh-265156 01:47 25 Nov 04

i had true vector errors with xp home and a really old version of zonealarm about 2 years ago but none since.

if you are using the latest version im not sure. what operating system are you using? if its xp check 'control panel/administrative tools/event viewer' and click on the 'system' and 'application' tabs and look for errors listed here, what do they say?

is windows itself all up to date? if not click here

also try the ZA forums click here and you will see a lot of truevector error postings like click here

some more info may help a bit sorry.

Wrighty 14:36 25 Nov 04

Huggyg71

Thanks for this info I will check it. Zone Alarm version is 5.5.062.000. I am using XP PRo and all updates are up to date.

Thanks for help I will check threads you have give me and get back to you.

Wrighty

Modo 16:58 25 Nov 04

It is always worth saving the Zone Alarm updates to a file. I keep about the last 4 or 5 updates. Then whenever a new version starts looking like causing trouble - a fairly common occurrence - I revert to the previous version that was working OK. Inevitably the next update comes quite quickly and of course the problem no longer occurs.

I'm running the same config as you describe. This combination on my machine seems to have a clash with the windows security centre when using fast user swithching. If you switch users the security centre sends a message saying your firewall is switched off. But no other problems.

HOWEVER the other issue I had with this combination was after downloading KB837253 from Office Update. This froze just about every programme on the two computers I downloaded it onto. The only solution was a System restore - which whilst effective was a nuisance because I had updated several other programmes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…