Zone Alarm update 70 40 08

MuDelta 16:05 21 Sep 07

I have been trying to install this without success. Has anyone else had difficulty? The install starts OK but then freezes.

MDM

cocteau48 16:16 21 Sep 07

Mine updated without a problem.
As I recall you are given the choice during installation to either upgrade or do a clean install-
have you tried both routes?

MuDelta 17:22 21 Sep 07

cocteau48,
"have you tried both routes?"

No, just update; I want to keep my settings.

D

MuDelta 16:20 23 Sep 07

I have now tried clean install still without success.

cocteau48 16:57 23 Sep 07

Next thing I would try is a complete uninstall of Zone alarm followed by a fresh reinstallation from scratch.

Press Man 17:02 23 Sep 07

MuDelta,

I had a problem as well. i fully uninstalled Zonealarm by following the instructions from ZA web site. When uninstalled I installed ZA in safe mode, all went well.

bretsky 17:16 23 Sep 07

Have gone back to the previous version 7.0.362.000 from 408, as my event viewer showed an error at boot up and subsequent boot ups, Kl1 (K l 1) system driver failed to load, googled this and it appears to be buggy, part of Kav (Kaspersky anti-virus) package I think. And this was a fresh install of which I never have encountered any problems...until this version.
Now all OK with the previous version.

bretsky ;0)

MuDelta 17:45 23 Sep 07

I have followed Bretsky's advice for now. Will try pressman's route later.

MuDelta 18:39 26 Sep 07

Press Man

Safe Mode was the answer; it installed as usual. Like bretsky, I have kapersky, or rather Steganos, which is I understand is basically the same thing; that may be where the bugs are.

bretsky 10:31 27 Sep 07

No, I do not have Kaspersky or any or product by them on my PC, kl1 is a system driver that Z/A has as part of the package and it was this file that was not loading, so I went back and reinstalled previous version (7.0.362.000) after a reg clean and all is OK now.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…