zone alarm update

crusty 22:31 29 May 08

I have tried repeatedly to update my zone alarm firewall after getting the update notification. the thing is half way through the install i get an error message stating an eror with 'GLB38.tmp.exe' then the installer disappears and the installation is lost. the only way i can get back to a zone alarm firewall is to manually remove any 'zonelabs, zonealarm' files from the registry and the winnt32 file before reinstalling version 5.5 from an old cover cd. that is then fine until i try to update again and it all goes the same way again. i have googled 'GLB38.tmp' and it comes up with a malaware warning. any clues please.
Peter

The Kestrel 23:29 29 May 08

Why not delete your old version of Zonealarm and then download and install the latest version from click here

The Kestrel 23:35 29 May 08

I have just had another thought. Which operating system are you using? The reason I ask is that later versions of Zonealarm do not support Windows Millenium or older versions of Window OS. My wife had a similar problem until she updated her PC which has Windows XP.

Stuartli 23:57 29 May 08

If you want to download an earlier version of ZoneAlarm, go to:

click here

crusty 08:32 30 May 08

thanks. forgot to say running win 2000 pro edition.
i have tried uninstalling the old edition first before installing the latest version but with the same results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now