Zone Alarm update

wee eddie 10:25 30 Mar 07

Is it for real.

The link seems to direct me to the "Buy it" site and the update appears to be the same size as the Purchase-able Product.

Hackwatch 11:01 30 Mar 07

You can still download the 'free' version OK.
I have just done so with no problems at all.

Salut 11:03 30 Mar 07

I have used Zone Alarm for some time, and recently updated to 7.0.337.000 without any problems, simply by clicking the update button within the program.

I am not sure of your point?

Stuartli 11:14 30 Mar 07

Finding the free version of ZA on the ZoneLabs website can be a pain - you also have to remember that it includes the option of the Internet Security Suite with regard to the file size.

MichelleC 11:29 30 Mar 07

I've had 2 alerts today on my free v but when I click 'update now' nothing happens.

Where is the update feature, Salut?

skeletal 11:34 30 Mar 07

I have just installed it and it seems OK so far. I was surprised at its much bigger size.

It has also integrated itself into Outlook and has four buttons relating to junk mail. I’m not sure what they do as I’ve not read the help stuff yet. I am a bit concerned that it will stop legitimate emails (an increasing problem affecting several of the companies with whom I correspond. Indeed, in my view, the companies’ systems preventing the passage of emails are a bigger problem than viruses!).

We will see.

Skeletal

eedcam 13:00 30 Mar 07

Just installed appears to be working but windows security centre says its switched off?

SURVEY 13:58 30 Mar 07

skeletal - I have also just upgraded to 7.0.337.000 and found the zonealarm toolbar in Outlook. It is annoying when these programs do this. However as I use Outlook Express and Mailwasher fro emails I have just right clicked on the Zonealarm toolbar in Outlook and unticked the toolbar.

Eedcam - have you yet rebooted your computer? The red Security shield should then disappear.

eedcam 14:04 30 Mar 07

Yes survey done that it is working what threw me was the litte Z icon when nothing is happening. Ive ticked the I will monitor the firewall in windows security centere to stop the shield. Just cant understand why windows does'nt see it it saw it before I updated

BRYNIT 14:11 30 Mar 07

I didn't like the Zone Alarm Junk mail filter my self.

To remove Zone Alarm Junk mail.
Open Outlook go to tools click on the others tab/advanced options/COM add-ins and remove the tick from Mailbuddy Outlook add-in or select and click on remove. you can now remove the Zone Alarm folders from Outlook.

skeletal 14:22 30 Mar 07

Thanks guys. I'll see if I get on with it, but if I don't, I know how to remove it now!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…