Zone Alarm update

Rebanut 14:40 11 Apr 06

last week I downloaded an update from ZA and since then the only way to get access to my emails is to shut down Zone Alarm, anyone else had this problem, or any ideas as to why this is happening.
Thanks.
Windows XP and outlook express.

remind 14:42 11 Apr 06

go into zonealarm program control (if i remember correctly) - look down the list for msimn.exe, if it's blocked unblock it.

Rebanut 14:53 11 Apr 06

Thanks for quick reply, msimn.exe, and I dont know what that is, is not on that list, thanks for suggestion though.

remind 14:59 11 Apr 06

It ought to be otherwise ZA won't allow it to communicate, it's the OE executable. You might need to remove ZA and re-install or add the program manually.

Rebanut 15:33 11 Apr 06

I found msimn.exe, and its not blocked, and I reinstalled ZA but problem is still there.

Thanks for your help Remind.

Stuartli 15:39 11 Apr 06

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer are listed by these titles in ZA's Program Control.

remind 16:20 11 Apr 06

Do you use any email scanning anti virus software? Spam filters ? Any error messages from OE? Broadband or dial up?

Rebanut 16:58 11 Apr 06

I am on NTL broadband, I just tried to check my emails again and it worked ok, soon after I got a reminder from ZA that there is an update available, which must be the same one that caused this problem in the first place, so what do I do, I dont want to download it if it will cause the same problem, but am I more at risk if I dont? not sure what to do.

remind 17:04 11 Apr 06

Is it for ZoneAlarm Free 6.1.744.001? (click here)
Check its OK with your anti-virus software (theres a small issue with Avast at the moment, but doesn't affect email as far as I know) and turn off email protection in ZA - its so basic it should hardly matter, but worth a try.
Look here too (za forum) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…