Zone Alarm suddenly shut down...

ChrisE 16:17 22 Feb 04

After leaving the computer unattended for about 15 minutes on my return I found a Zone Alarm message on the screen along these lines: "True Vector security engine has shut down, restart?" while on the icon bar the Zone Alarm icon had a red X through it...
Was this caused by a hacker or how can this happen (no other programs were running)? What should I check for possible intrusions and is it possible to avoid this happening again?
Thanks.

Chris E.

hugh-265156 16:27 22 Feb 04

sometimes true vector errors happen due to a conflict with hardware or software you are running.its not a hacker.true vector is za`s service.

i had this with an old version of ZA and it was a conflict with my graphics card.the latest build of ZA works well.

hugh-265156 16:29 22 Feb 04

its not easy finding the cause for this.

look in event viewer for info that may help you find out.

ChrisE 16:45 22 Feb 04

It is the latest Zone Alarm Pro version. I checked the Alert Log Viewer (events?), alerts are coming in at an alarming rate of one every couple of minutes. Amongst them (and last before ZA must have become inactive) is one high rated from "halls3-x.derby.ac.uk", which appears between every 2 and 7 minutes...

Chris E

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…