Zone Alarm stops internet access for peer to peer

fredyflame 23:18 19 Oct 06

this is driving me mad
peer to peer (ad hoc) wireless connection works fine until i open Zone alarm security suite on main pc and it stops my access to the internet for my laptop even though the network is showing ok
As soon as I close it it works fine

I have checked all the help files and everything seems to be set as it should

xp pro
tesco broadband

johnnyrocker 23:24 19 Oct 06

clearly it is not suggest going into settings where you will see (from memory)cos i dumped it a list of programs etc to allow acces, if za is the prob it should come up with a window questioning access and ticking always remember my answer should resolve.

johnny.

fredyflame 20:18 20 Oct 06

Johnny
no even with a clean install it does not ask this with networks

Jak_1 20:31 20 Oct 06

add your p2p program to the list of programs in za.

>steve< 21:11 20 Oct 06

it may be you need to forward the port,answers.com has a good article type in bitcomet and then look at the article for utorrent it explains how to forward the ports.that should solve it and it is a good torrent client.

fredyflame 21:08 21 Oct 06

Sorry this thread has gone the wrong way i will end now it is about sharing on a peer to peer ad hoc system not file sharing
thanks anyway

johnnyrocker 22:19 21 Oct 06

maybe you did not explain clearly enough?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…