zone alarm settings for network

karl1483 18:59 21 Oct 05

i have spent the last few hours pulling out my hair trying to connect two pc toghether using a crossover cable.i finaly realised it was my firewalls on both pcs causing the problem and when i swithched them both off hey presto it all worked beautifully.can anyone tell me how i tell zonearlarm to allow connections to my other pc and also the same for windows firewall aswell.in anticapation karl many thanks

retep888 01:46 22 Oct 05

Are you running zonealarm free version on both machines? If so, be prepared you can't get the ICS working because the free version doesn't 100% support ICS.

/click here
You can install this on the host machine if they don't work.

If you just have zonealarm on the host machine then open up zonealarm's main page:

Click firewall > main > lower the internet zone security to medium > then click zone > add > ip range > in the pop up add ip range box, top ip address row, type 192.168.0.2, then type 192.168.0.20 in the bottom ip address row(you can put 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.254) > name of your workgroup in the description box > apply

Turn off the window firewall on the host machine with zonealarm on.

HTH

karl1483 20:33 22 Oct 05

many thanks for your advice useing windows firewall on host machine and changed settings on zonealarm its all working just fine now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…