Zone Alarm and second computer

Taw 18:18 14 Jul 03

I recently installed ZA free on to my computer. I have a second comp. running of this computer, but when ZA is active the seconnd comp. cannot access the internet. I have putthe second computers address in the trusted zone but still does not allow connection. If I disable ZA the other comp. links to the net no problem. Im running Xp on my main computer and XPpro on my second. But as stated I think it is some permission within ZA that is not allowing access.

Billy

Kryten 18:29 14 Jul 03

Somebody may say different, but I had the same problem and in the on-line instructions for Zone Alarm it informed me to upgrade to Zone Alarm Pro to be able to do this. So I switched to Outpost which does not cause me any problems.

keith-236785 18:41 14 Jul 03

Try this mate, im not saying it will work but it did for me....

on the Main pc (the one with the internet connection)

open zone alarm

click Firewall (left hand side)

click advanced (bottom right)

in the Internet Connection Sharing section,

select This computer is an ICS/NAT gateway

close the zone alarm window, restart windows and try connecting via the client pc again, it should now work ok

good luck

Sparks 19:13 14 Jul 03

I had the same problem as you so I disabled ZA on the client PC. Since then I have read on several occasions that a firewall is only required on the host machine. You need an anti virus program on both don't forget.

keith-236785 19:37 14 Jul 03

Sparks is right, the server pcs zone alarm should protect(firewall) both computers.

jazzypop 19:55 14 Jul 03

Only partially correct - see click here

Taw 20:09 14 Jul 03

Thanks peeps it looks as if I need to upgrade to the pro version first

The Spires 20:28 14 Jul 03

If you want to protect your second pc against outgoing threats you need a firewall on it as the link jazzypop shows.

howard60 21:45 14 Jul 03

I set in zone alarm program control to medium and trusted to low - internet to medium - all now ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…