Zone alarm questions

john 19:16 13 Mar 04

Could anyone please tell me what InstallStub is?
I keep getting a Zone alarm alert asking if I should allow it access to the internet, and seeing as I don’t know what it is I’m not sure whether I should.
I also sometimes gat an ID lock alert from Zone alarm asking me if I want a clear text password to be sent to uk.proxy.aol.com, more info says waol is trying to send “ebay password” to uk.proxy.aol.com.
I got that when trying to log on to this site, and I had to close Zone alarm to be able to log on!
Any advice is appreciated.

Billy911 19:30 13 Mar 04

I put "InstallStub" in a Google search and it came up with 435 results. It looks as though InstallStub is an Autodialler but for what I don't know. The best thing to do is NOT let it have access to the Internet then keep a close eye on your programs to see if they are functioning correctly. Try the Google search (or any search engine - Google is the biggest)and go through the results until you find out what it is. Hope this helps.

keith-236785 20:26 13 Mar 04

this is typical of virus/trojan activity

click here and download ATS (anti trojan shield), its a free 30day trial. install and run, the trial version will NOT delete any trojans it finds but it will tell you where they are so you can remove them.

i suspect you have a virus checker and have scanned your system.

there are some very evil people out ther just waiting for careless internet surfers to provide them with passwords/credit card details. be carefull.

good luck

john 07:27 14 Mar 04

Thanks for your replies, I have located the program causing the installstub problem and deleted it but I'm still left with the ID lock alert, I have to disable Zone alarm to even log onto this web site. Any Ideas. I have Kaspersky anti virus which finds nothing.

Stuartli 08:37 14 Mar 04

Try AdAware6 (updated) and Search and Destroy 1.2.

golfpro 08:53 14 Mar 04

I get this ID lock up from Z/A when I try to access ebay direct from the "My Ebay" box, no matter which selection you make from the Z/A box "Yes or No it will sometimes lock up the whole system. I run Norton and AdAware and they have found nothing. I don't know weather this is a Z/A fault or not.

try update ZA or open ZA & go through all alerts & settings change settings from high to low restart then goto Za again & reset to what you had before
failing that use system restore could be your 1st choice or go back to last best known system that works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…