zone alarm problems

ctm04 12:39 23 Nov 04

Hi, I am running XP Pro (have not installed SP2)and the free version of Zone Alarm. For some reason, it blocks virtually any site and I need to switch ZA off to access the sites, whereas at other times I am fine surfing without problems. Any ideas why?

rawprawn 13:11 23 Nov 04

You are not engaging the internet lock by accident are you ? (right click on the system try icon to look)or stoppping all internet activity.

ctm04 13:28 23 Nov 04

no, rawprawn...it is not locked. It is also causing problems with my email. The weird thing is that sometimes there are no problems for say an hour or so, and then all of a sudden it just blocks virtually any page. I just can't see why.

rawprawn 18:12 23 Nov 04

click here Download and run this program just to check you don't have any nasties lurking in the depths of your computer.If it finds nothing and doesn't solve the problem. uninstall ZA and see if that makes any difference. I just bought ZA Security Suite and every time I ran it, it crashed my computer. I never found out why, but I run perfectly well on ZA free.

ctm04 18:30 23 Nov 04

Thanks, I will try that and let you know.

ctm04 21:12 23 Nov 04

I ran the check and there was nothing lurking in my computer, not that I really expected it as I use AVG on a daily basis. anyway, it was worth a try, but I might uninstall ZA as I need to switch it off most of the time anyway to be able to surf. Was thinking of installing Sygate instead, only thing holding me back is the fact that I tried to do this about a week ago and it crashed my computer completely, I ended up having to reinstall xp and lost most of my data. (I do need to add though, that I assume this happened due to the fact that I had not uninstalled ZA, stupid I know... ) Still this has made me a bit anxious about using Sygate, as I have only just got things up and running again.

ctm04 21:15 25 Nov 04

problem no longer relevant, have installed sygate now, everything ok.

porridge 22:14 25 Nov 04

CTM: Ik hoop dat je geholpen bent geworden door leden van het forum? Alles nu okay?
Guess who.

Chemteach 22:47 25 Nov 04

I had this problem. You need to download the latest free ZA from the website. Problem solved!!
Chemteach

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…