Zone Alarm Problems

Demora 22:13 01 Jun 04

Although when I installed and setup ZoneAlarm I clicked home network it will not let me access the other computers on the network. UNLESS I close it down altogether. Am I missing something here or is this the way its supposed to be. I've been into the configuration and as far as I can see its setup for trusted Zones. All I wanted was a firewall that would protect the pc not something I had to keep on clicking 'ok'

Demora

jonnytub 22:19 01 Jun 04

the free version of zonealarm won't enable you to have a network, you have to upgrade to the pro version or find another firewall that will.

johnsims 22:43 01 Jun 04

jonnytub

sorry mate but that is just not true.

Demora

On startup Zone Alarm should tell you it has detected a new network and allow you to say that it is to go on the good guys list (cannot remember actual message!)

However..... if it is version 5 you have installed, this latest release is a tad buggy. Go to the Zone Alarm forum click here click on support and then user forum. If you can get hold of build 4.5XX then get rid of Ver 5 and install that. Get lots of specific Z A help on that forum from some pretty knowledgable people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…