Zone Alarm Pro and pop-up suppression

Dobba 22:45 13 Oct 04

Using Mesh computer with Athlon chip, Windows XP (Home). When I added SP2, I had trouble with blocked downloads on Ebay and PC Advisor. I was being told that "You have no authority to see this page" amongst other things and there were lots of "X"s where items hadn't downloaded.. I therefore cancelled SP2 but this made no difference. I have found out by trial and error that the problem seems to be Zone Alarm Pro. When I disable this, everything returns to normal but when I reinstate it, I get the blocked items again.
Has anybody any idea whether there is a pop-up suppressor in Zone Alarm Pro (I can't find one) and if so, how do I turn it off so that my screens work again.

keith-236785 23:53 13 Oct 04

its in the Privacy link on the left and then the main tab, under the heading "Ad Blocking" click the custom button to see the options available.

Dobba 10:46 14 Oct 04

Thanks. That seems to have solved my problem. Much obliged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…