Zone Alarm Pro and Networking

goll_y 14:50 28 Nov 04

I've been trying for a while to allow my client computer to access the internet through the host computer.

I have Zone Alarm Pro on both computers and cannot seem to set this up. Can someone tell me how to do this from finding the IP addresses and what to type in where to allow this. It is really annoying (and not very wise) to disable Zone Alarm Pro on the host just so the client can access the internet.

I have XP Home on both and connecting via wired ethernet.

TomJerry 14:54 28 Nov 04

uninstall and set up all working properly, install Zonealarm again, it will tell you it find network and ask you if you trust it etc etc

goll_y 14:56 28 Nov 04

There must be an easier way!!

TomJerry 15:00 28 Nov 04

quit Zonealram pro on both PCs. Unplug network cable. Start ZA again and then connect cable to see if ZA come with with anything.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:30 28 Nov 04

Is it set up as a network. If so go to the Firewall tab, add an entry of type subnet and enter the details there for a 'trusted' zone.

goll_y 15:37 28 Nov 04

Do I need to do that on the client or host computer?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 15:45 28 Nov 04

If Zone Alarm is operating on both then I would expect both to require the entry to be made.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:25 30 Nov 04

Did this sort Zone Alarm for your network?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 14:53 12 Dec 04

To add a network to the Trusted Zone:

Select Firewall|Zones.

In the Zone column, click the row containing the network, then select Trusted from the shortcut menu.

Click Apply.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:21 26 Dec 04

Please tick if resolved

Taw® 09:35 27 Dec 04

Try this

on the Main pc (the one with the internet connection)

open zone alarm

click Firewall (left hand side)

click advanced (bottom right)

in the Internet Connection Sharing section,

select This computer is an ICS/NAT gateway

close the zone alarm window, restart windows and try connecting via the client pc again, it should now work ok

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…