Zone Alarm Pass Lock

big staff 13:11 10 Aug 03

Hi Guys, can anyone tell me why Outlook Express 6 won't pass the lock in zone alarm. This is since I upgraded from win98 to xp pro.
Also, sorry two for the price of one here!, when I open I/E 6, browse, then close it, there is always another one open behind it saying cannot find server and I have to close that one too. Strange.
Thanks for any help.

Stuartli 15:04 10 Aug 03

Have you ticked/enabled the Program Control section detailing OE6 to allow it to connect to the Internet?

Or have you activated the Internet Lock in error?

You also state that you open IE6, browse then close it... which means, presumably, that you have been able to have an Internet link.

big staff 15:29 10 Aug 03

Hi, yes I asked it to pass lock in the same way I did with , say, winmx which will pass lock. I have an always on connection so I like zone alarm to engage the internet lock when the screen saver comes on. I rang a friend and he has the same problem. I guess it must be something to do with O/E 6 and/or XPpro. As for why two I/E browsers open every time well......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…