Zone alarm or windows firewall

pegleg64 13:09 23 Sep 10

Hi,
I have windows firewall on my laptop but I have seen a review of Zone Alarm that seems pretty good.Should I un install windows firewall and install Zone Alarm,which I have never used before,or is windows firewall better?
Thanks

birdface 13:23 23 Sep 10

If using W/7 Windows Firewall should be ok.
Zone Alarm although a good Firewall can be a bit of a pain if you have not used it before, Pop ups always asking for you to allow or deny programs.
Another one that works similar to Windows Firewall is Kerio Firewall you get no pop ups with that and get the full version for a month and if you don't want to pay for it it reverts to the free version.

john bunyan 13:37 23 Sep 10

Another free and unobtrusive firewall I find very good with W7 is PCTools.Some here have found Zone Alarm sometimes clashes with anti virus or anti spyware programmes.

alankearn 13:48 23 Sep 10

I dont think you can nor is there any need to uninstall Windows fire wall, It will be automaticly disabled if you install a different firwall.

pegleg64 13:56 23 Sep 10

Thanks for your replies guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…