Zone Alarm loaded ago but cannot UNINSTALL it!!!!!

Zod 19:07 10 Feb 03

After installing Zone Alarm from PC Advisor's free utilities CD,March o3, found it very intrusive so thought I would uninstall it.
Tried uninstall from it's set-up - no good;
Went into ZA's info. pages which advised go into Overview then Preferences - untick load from start-up and then uninstall - it won't let me untick the box;
Tried reinstalling ZA but can't because True Vector engine running, go to Service Manager - where the !!!! is that.
After reading their help page, and the number of disgruntled uninstallers like me, why does PC Adviser promote it? Can anyone help?

VoG™ 19:09 10 Feb 03
  woodchip 19:22 10 Feb 03

It will uninstall if you give it time from Add/Remove, After it removes it. To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Zone Alarm click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Zone Alarm in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Zone Alarm and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Zone Alarm then reboot your computer

woodchip 19:24 10 Feb 03

PS do not delete thing's that just say Zone

Ironman556 19:35 10 Feb 03

Don't forget to back up the registry before playing. If you go to click here you can get reg cleaner which is much more user frienly than regedit.

powerless 19:40 10 Feb 03

"why does PC Adviser promote it?"

Because its a very good and useful FREE product. It works with no problems on my machine and many others on this froum and oooo a few million around the world.

Just a shame it didnt work on yours properly :-(

Follow Vogs link for unistallation.

woodchip 19:50 10 Feb 03

PS I did the above only yesterday without a hitch

ellas 19:51 10 Feb 03

yeah some people have probs uninstalling,I never have but this bloke did click here

antony-332406 20:09 10 Feb 03

i found it to be the worst thing i have ever installed.... i use internet sharing with zone alarm, i couldnt get into loads of things... even with it turned off
the way i cured the problems was to re-install windows - never again!

leo49 20:11 10 Feb 03

Apparently some PCs require a major upgrade in the HID component. :o)

Zod 22:05 11 Feb 03

Thanks you guys, your response was terrific. However, as a novice, I've learnt before about manual install and reading those instuctions - they might as well be in Chinese - so that went out the window - there had to be something simple, and over a pint at the local, this guy said just press Ctrl Alt and Delete and a list of programmes running will appear on the screen. I'd been used to doing this just to get out of a freeze situation not knowing that by clicking on a task, you can close it down!!!!!! Hey presto - I found VSnon - the engine I couldn't find to disable - clicked End Task, then End Task again when prompted, went into Add/Remove, and removed the offending programme. I am not saying this is a bad programme - it is probably very good - but the back up service and advice from their info's leaves alot of very frustrated novices out their - come on Zone Alarm get your Customer Service right and you'll be amazed, or are you already too big and to care.
ZOD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…