Zone Alarm has taken control

portofcall 08:40 18 Aug 03

I recently downloaded zonealarm as a trial program. Time expired and I didn't buy. Removed the program (so I thought). Now, I can't log on (aol). Aol doesn't know why (have reinstalled)...same problem. I get into aol but cannot access web. Now, have found zonealarm folder not deleted and if I click on to their logo I get on the web. If not, I get "host has timed out". This cannot be right!

Jester2K II 08:43 18 Aug 03

click here

read 1. 1. How do I uninstall, then re-install ZoneAlarm?

to make sure all components are removed.

portofcall 22:08 18 Aug 03

Followed Jester's advice. I also contacted zonealarm website for download of uninstaller. Unless I am going blind, could not find uninstaller. Instead was directed to download zonealarm products. I have checked and run the uninstall program in folder by chance but seems to reinstall upon reboot. This seems like a one way street.

This cannot be common practice as to make trial program so difficult to uninstall. Messing with registry keys seems dangerous and time consuming.

Jester2K II 08:04 19 Aug 03

What version of windows are you running?

there were links to manual removal instructions like

Verify that the following have been removed:

- Directories:

1) Zone Labs from C:\Program Files
2) zonelabs from C:\Windows\System
3) Zone Labs from C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

- Files:

1) C:\Windows\System\vsdata.dll
2) C:\Windows\System\vsdata95.vxd

If it mentions download the uninstaller ignore it skip on until you get to manual removal instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…