//some 3rd party need geo

Zone Alarm free version - secure or not?

TimCDC 21:59 31 Jul 03

I read in the August issue of XP answers that the free version of Zone Alarm has a vulnerability, of which ZoneLabs are aware. Their advice was to update whenever updates become available. I've updated today to version 3.7.202 - does anyone know if this is now a secure version? I've looked on the zonelabs site, but can't find any reference.

scooby43 22:11 31 Jul 03

I feel to be honest I use to have the free version of zonealarm but it dosnt havea a network wizard thats why I changed to norton:)

scooby43 22:16 31 Jul 03

oops sorry TimCDC I miss read your question

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:47 31 Jul 03

If you are on a home computer you will have no chance of being hacked. If a hacker wanted to get onto your computer a software firewall will be no problem. Use the free version and you will be OK.

G

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:33 01 Aug 03

and it does its job, but as Gandalph says, where there's a will there's a way. If you're not worth the effort, why bother hacking. If you ARE worth the effort, then get paranoid! Dont lose any sleep, Whiz...

The Sack 02:36 01 Aug 03

Sygate?

click here

TimCDC 10:21 01 Aug 03

I'll stick with what I've got (and yes, I slept easy!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…