Zone Alarm. Free or Pro edition?

Granny. 11:53 14 Apr 06

Apoplogies if this question has already been asked!
I`m just coming to the end of a trial version of ZoneAlarms Pro edition, and can`t decide whether to go back to the free version or to pay for the Pro version, and would value your opinions.

Belatucadrus 12:03 14 Apr 06

For the non profit home user, there is no need to buy a Pro firewall of any type. I personally prefer Kerio, but ZoneAlarm free is plenty good enough.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:06 14 Apr 06

Why pay?

the protection for home use i more than adequate in the free version only difference is lack of support from ZA, but you can get that from here :0)

Stuartli 13:01 14 Apr 06

I've been using the free version of ZoneAlarm with dialup and now broadband for several years - it's all the average home user requires if properly configured.

spuds 14:32 14 Apr 06

The free version as a very good recommendation, so why purchase. If you must buy the Pro version, then I notice that PCW and Ebuyer seem to have it on a special price offer.

Granny. 14:37 15 Apr 06

Thank you VERY much.
I`ll stick with the free version without any worries.
Thanks again :)

Granny. 11:46 16 Apr 06

Ooooops, sorry, I forgot to tick "resolved"!
Thanks yet again, for your help. It`s much appreciated. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…