ZONE ALARM (FREE) ISSUES

Kaacee 16:10 21 Feb 04

I have just downloaded the free edition of Zone Alarm,whilst obviously i am in the early stages of understanding the workings,2issues have arisen which i would value any advice on. Firstly, i seem to be getting a lot of "pop ups" which i didn't get before installation and secondly my system appears to be running quite a bit slower than before.Are the above 2 items "the norm" or is there a way of a)programming the system to prevent pop ups and b) speeding up my system.

I am running windows 98se on AOL dial up.

johnnyrocker 16:17 21 Feb 04

i doubt za is responsible for either but no doubt could be wrong, there is a setting under customise for pop ups but one could find a pop up stopper almost anywhere these days, as for speed issue you could disable za and see if any change.

johnny.

Megatyte 16:21 21 Feb 04

Would the pop-ups be ZA alerts? If so, before you close it, tick Do Not Show...

AH

^wave^ 16:23 21 Feb 04

go to alterts tab and turn them off i think thats the prob just let za do its work

Kaacee 18:22 21 Feb 04

No its not the ZA alerts, i have ticked that not to show, these are adverts.!!!!!!

spuds 19:05 21 Feb 04

Strange one this.I have installed a number of ZA downloads for friends. Never had adverts, only alerts.Did you download direct from the ZA site!.

Kaacee 14:04 22 Feb 04

SPUDS....i downloaded via Computeractive....ssh say that quitely....magazine...interestingly all the adverts come up on IE screen although i am logged on via AOL...as you say 'tis strange

Sorry for not coming back sooner on this

hugh-265156 14:09 22 Feb 04

the pro version of ZA has a pop up blocker.

outpost free click here has one built in.

spuds 16:33 22 Feb 04

Gudlucker. Funny you should say that. I downloaded a programme from said magazine recently, and had similar advertising problem. Its beginning to make me think now. Perhaps best if you downloaded direct from ZoneLabs click here

Wayneh 16:43 22 Feb 04

You may need to try an ad removing app before you re-install from a clean site, zonelabs is fine, try adaware or spystopper at click here

Kaacee 13:28 24 Feb 04

Thanks to all that responded to my problem, unfortunately,none of the suggestion's resolved it, i have therefore ininstalled ZA and installed Sygate which appears to be working without a problem and as yet, have not seen any advert pop up's....

Again thanks for all help received.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…