Zone Alarm Free - Happy Customers ?

JimButler 21:26 14 Dec 06

Interested in finding out from users of this freeware. Does it do a good job ?
Is it quite easy to modify settings ?
Does it have any major downside ?
Does it cause issues with home wireless n/work ?
Is it a VAST improvement on inbuilt XP f/wall ?

Wuggy 21:41 14 Dec 06

Yes.
Yes.
No.
No.
Most certainly.
I think you will find there are millions who endorse it.

skidzy 21:43 14 Dec 06

Zonealarm comes recommended here,some have a few issues but in general i find it good.

XP firewall is worthless when you have an option such as ZA.

Zonealarm has the ability to protect you inbound and outbound whereas XP is only inbound.

Basically Zonealarm protects you if you happen to download a nasty and it tries to connect to ..lets say an undesirable web site.

Yes you may have to configure ZA,but normally this is common sense.After a couple of weeks ZA will settle down with the configuration settings and away you go.

birdface 21:45 14 Dec 06

When I tried it I had nothing but trouble with if, But there are folk on here that have used it for years and would not change it,My Idea of a good Firewall Is Kerio,Just run it in the simple method ,then forget about it,No pop ups all the time to see if you want to accept Programs or deny them,click here .And Free

TimCDC 22:02 14 Dec 06

I've been running it for ages. Installed it very easily, taught it which programmes to allow access, and it runs quietly in the background. Every now and then it prompts re a newer version, which it installs easily. I'd recommend it.

jakimo 22:11 14 Dec 06
  Stuartli 00:10 15 Dec 06

Never look a gift horse in the mouth...:-)

laurie53 09:27 15 Dec 06

Totally endorse Wuggy's answers. Been using it for years

Laurie

johnnyrocker 09:47 15 Dec 06

i had nothing but trouble with it got sygate now very happy.

johnny.

audeal 12:05 15 Dec 06

I have been having trouble with the latest version, whereas I have not been able to connect with some programs and therefore resorted back to version 5.5 which has the Keys to select. No more problems.

Never the less I would highly recommend Zone Alarm which I have been using for years.

johnem 17:01 15 Dec 06

Top product, especially as it is free. Even better if you upgrade to the pro version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017