Zone Alarm Free - Further Query

JimButler 20:50 19 Dec 06

Recently installed ZA free. Have looked at location for log files ie C: /Windows/Internet Logs I have deleted any archived files here leaving just main log file ie ZALog.txt
I have also removed archive daily option in ZA.
If I look at Alerts and Logs within ZA it lists and persists in listing log items from 15/12/2006.
This info does not even exist at above location ( Internet Logs ). Does anyone know what is happening here ? I only want one log file which I will peruse and housekeep as necessary.
Any advice welcome.

keith-236785 21:17 19 Dec 06

it could be the date of the original log file creation, try copying the log file to a new location and delete it from C: /Windows/Internet Logs.

ZA will create a new log file with todays date on. if you are just ammending the logfile then the date stamp will remain as the date created with another date for ammended.

give it a go and see what happens. if you have any problems then simply put the copied logfile back into C: /Windows/Internet Logs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…