Zone Alarm Firewall - unable to uninstall

malydee 13:08 21 Apr 05

I have problems with a slow Internet connection and sending messages with Oulook. Among the items I have been advised to check by my ISP is the settings of my security system.I have done this including switching the AV and the firewall off. When checking in the Micrsoft Security centre, it states that the firewall supplied by Zone Alarm is switched on. This concerns me as I have uninstalled the trial copy of Zone Alarm and there are no Zone Alarm programme files in C:\\Programme files or in Control Panel, remove software. Is it possible that there may still be some links in the Registry and how will I find them?

961 13:42 21 Apr 05

Start>search for files and folders>zone alarm

However, one way may be to install Zone Alarm again and then uninstall. That may find any remaining files

I am not convinced that Zone Alarm will slow down an internet connection if properly configured

igk 14:19 21 Apr 05

"I am not convinced that Zone Alarm will slow down an internet connection if properly configured"
Neither am I,I have used Zone Alarm for around 5 years now with no problems and advise my clients to do the same (regardless of what certain people in these forums advocate!!)
malydee:To check for anything left in the registry go to Start,Run,Type in "regedit" (no quotes)then expand each item in the right hand column look for Zonealarm and/or zonelabs folders if found right mouse on them and delete.
Use extreme caution when doing anything to your registry and note the option to save it before you start so that if you mess up you can restore your original copy of it.
I hope that you will still use a firewall as it is vital these days,if not then make sure you have ALL of the M$ security updates! (preferably not the firewall that comes with windows xp as its pretty useless and only works one way "inwards" so it will not stop anything already on the pc from "phoning home").
HTH.

malydee 13:11 05 May 05

Recommendations made by colberly resolved the issue after rec eiving a "command line errpr" and following the suggestions made to remove the switch put in. After rirewall was disabled, myoutgoing e-mail system now works OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…