Zone Alarm Firewall - unable to uninstall

malydee 13:01 21 Apr 05

I have problems with a slow Internet connection and sending messages with Oulook. Among the items I have been advised to check by my ISP is the settings of my security system.I have done this including switching the AV and the firewall off. When checking in the Micrsoft Security centre, it states that the firewall supplied by Zone Alarm is switched on. This concerns me as I have uninstalled the trial copy of Zone Alarm and there are no Zone Alarm programme files in C:\\Programme files or in Control Panel, remove software. Is it possible that there may still be some links in the Registry and how will I find them?

stalion 14:38 21 Apr 05

free reg cleaner and free alternative firewall click here
click here

colberly 14:40 21 Apr 05

Go into the start menu and the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties.

In the target box you need to add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean then click apply and then OK.
Open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller (the one you changed the shortcut for) This will get rid of ZA for you.

5. Go to your windows temp folder and delete everything

8. Go to the run command in windows and run msconfig and select selective startup, uncheck everything below it and click apply then OK. Windows will then reboot.

Diversion 14:44 21 Apr 05

I once had the same problem with Zone Alarm. I updated with latest version and it un-installed withuot a hitch.

malydee 13:24 05 May 05

I followed the recommendation from colberly but was unable to find the "load on boot" application but still clicked apply. I received a "command line error" regarding not using a / or -, "no switch" is required. I uninstalled anyway and the Zone Alar Firewall was no longer present in the Microsoft Security centre.
There must have been some effect on the internet connection as explorer is quicker and my outgoing e-mails which were not being sent by the server were all sent at the time without me requesting this action.

J B 22:30 08 May 05

That is what I have been trying to do .Thanks foe the advise J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…