Zone Alarm Firewall nstallation Problem

23790954 14:35 13 Aug 06

I have just installed a new Gigabyte K8N SLI motherboard into my system. I have installed AVG (free edition) Antivirus onto the system, as I have always been happy with that, and I have also attempted to install Zone Alarm free firewall, with which I have always been haapy in the past. However when I attempt to actually install the Zone Alarm firewall from the downloaded file, it WILL NOT install, and I get the message 'Cannot install Zone Alarm when TRUE VECTOR is in use. Go to SERVICE MANAGER and stop TRUE VECTOR then begin install again'.
I have searched my system for this TRUE VECTOR, including using all search methods available, but cannot find TRUE VECTOR to turn off and install Zone Alarm.
Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks to all who try to help.

ACOLYTE 14:42 13 Aug 06

You could try right click my computer,select manage select service and applications at the bottom then services and look in the list on the right for true vector service,although im suprised this is running unless you already have another version of ZA or a firewall installed and you are updating,in which case you should uninstall the other version first.

HTH

SB23 15:30 13 Aug 06

Just had similar problem last week. Download Belarc, click here run it, near the bottom it should still say that ZA is installed. At this point you should be able to click next to it, where it will show you where the files for ZA are located.
I did this, deleted the files that were left, and then reinstalled. Worked a treat.

Steve

SB23 15:52 13 Aug 06

BTW, True Vector services also goes by the other name of VSMON.exe.
Just thought it may help you in finding the file.

Steve

961 16:45 13 Aug 06

True Vector is part of Zone Alarm

If you have installed a new motherboard but have the same hard disk and "have always been happy with Zone Alarm in the past" I guess Zone Alarm, including True Vector, is already on your hard disk

I would suggest you try to uninstall Zone Alarm from Add/remove programmes in the control panel. If it ain't there, try a search for zone alarm files or a zone alarm folder in your my computer> programme files

Then it should be possible to install a new copy of zone alarm

ezypcy 17:14 13 Aug 06

Early in the year I installed Zone Alarm Pro.I
un-installed it to test out another firewall.When I
tried to re-installed Pro. it resulted in the Blue
Screen crash.

Consulting with a 'boffin' he said the ZA pro. was
resulting in loads of various problems and was trying
to be too clever. Dump it he instructed.

Sounds like you may be experiencing some similar bug!

Stuartli 18:40 13 Aug 06

ZA has an Uninstall option from Start>Programs>Zone Labs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5