Zone Alarm Firewall

23790954 19:20 18 Mar 05

Some time ago I installed (downloaded) the Zone Alarm free firewall which has worked pefectly for some time. Tonight I tried to log onto the internet, and found I could not get my I.S.P. home page or 'e' mail. After checking settings etc. and trying to find the reason why, I realized after turning off the Zone alarm firewall, that it was in fact the firewall which was causing the obstruction. As I have not touched the firewall settings since installing it several months ago, and still it went wrong, can some one tell me of how to overcome this fault as I do not want to be without a firewall.
Thanks for any advice given.

Technotiger 19:26 18 Mar 05

Hi, first - 'get-some-in' (2278etc) anyway sorry about that - I too had a few problems with ZA although I had used it for some time all ok. So I switched to Kerio firewall (also free) at click here

Cheers.

johnnyrocker 19:30 18 Mar 05

ditto above and went for sygate click here

johnny.

woodchip 19:31 18 Mar 05

double click on zonalarm\programs right click on the one you want to access and choose allow

Modo 19:36 18 Mar 05

Most likely an update on your av is causing problems.

ZA is stable and usually trouble free but a bit complicated for most to manipulate when it goes wrong.

Search using Zone alarms on this sit all the solutions are there.

The silly but effective solution is to uninsatall. Reboot and immediately reinstall. It will then automatically take you through a redetection of the settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…