Zone Alarm doesn't remember

keef66 15:44 02 Jul 07

Zone Alarm (free) seems to have a selective memory. It never pops up when AVG is updating itself, but whenever I look for A-squared updates it asks me if I wish to allow it. Each time I click 'remember this setting', but I know it will prompt me again next time.

Is it me, or ZA which is developing Alzheimers?

Marko797 15:49 02 Jul 07

keef u don't say how long u've had ZA on ur machine. I have the Pro version & had a similar issue. It does go thru a learning process, so u do have to remind it every now & again. There will be a time when it says 'learning period over' & this indicates it now knows all ur preferences. Hope this helps.

Stuartli 15:50 02 Jul 07

I find you have to click the "Remember this setting" box before Allowing.

keef66 15:51 02 Jul 07

maybe that's it. I'll try it the other way round next time (if the Alzheimers lets me remember to)

Stuartli 15:51 02 Jul 07

You can also Allow, Prompt or Block by left clicking on the blue question marks on each line in Program Control.

Sea Urchin 17:29 02 Jul 07

No you don't have a problem. It's just that for the last three or four updates of A Squared it had downloaded a new version of the program. Zone Alarm is therefore correctly saying that the program has changed and asking permission to connect. It does occasionally happen with AVG, but not that often

Stuartli 17:33 02 Jul 07

That is a good point by Sea Urchin - it can/does happen if you completely update a current program or application.

keef66 15:04 05 Jul 07

that'll be it! Well spotted. Thought I was going potty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced