Zone alarm to Commodo...

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:57 21 Sep 07

I'm thinking of changing from ZA (which I have used for years) to Commodo firewall, but am a bit hesitant.

Is it easy to uninstall ZA completely or does it cling on? Will Commodo fit in with AVG like ZA?

Has anyone else made this changeover?

Would just like to hear your input or experiences.
XP Home SP2

Cheers, Whiz...

helpmeplease. 00:04 22 Sep 07

I switched from free zone alarm to free comodo firewall and found that my pc ran a lot better.
Got rid of zone alarm o/k.
I am also on XP Home SP2.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:14 22 Sep 07

I've read several reports that it is a better alternative but have used ZA for a very long time.

I'll give it a go anyway.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:36 22 Sep 07

All seems to have gone smoothly. Just have to suffer the warning pop ups till it's configured the way I had ZA.

rdave13 00:53 22 Sep 07

Just something that might help with the pop-ups; click on the security tab in Comodo and click on "scan for known applications" (lower right). This will start a scan. Once finished then wait for a few seconds and Comodo will ask you to exit the firewall. Exit through right clicking icon in system tray. Re-start Comodo from start list or all programs list.

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:20 22 Sep 07

I'll give it a go.

spuds 11:31 22 Sep 07

Bookmarked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…