Zone alarm with broadband

Unlucky Bob 02:25 09 Jun 03

I'm just about to get broadband. Will my free

Unlucky Bob 02:29 09 Jun 03

Sorry about that, finger trouble!! Will my free Zone alarm program be sufficient for broadband or would you suggest an upgrade to Zone alarm pro or another firewall. I don't want any gremlins getting into my computer. I am enough of a menace to the smooth running of my computer on my own....

Chris the Ancient 08:50 09 Jun 03

The good old ZoneAlarm freebie works fine with my cable ntl broadband. No hassles that I'm aware of.

Chris

Peverelli 10:45 09 Jun 03

I don't think that the 'pro' version is worth paying for, unless you're running a small business. The free ZA, free AVG & paid-for Tauscan trojan checker seem to work as flawlessly on BB as they did on Dial-Up.

Unlucky Bob 22:11 10 Jun 03

Chhers guys, I'll stick with what I've got.

Yep, I use Zonealarm with my broadband. Simple and easy to use. Since installing it a month ago, 1040 intrutions have been blocked with 843 of them high-rated!

spuds 23:33 10 Jun 03

ZoneAlarm freebie will work okay with BB. If you are running XP and your BB is Freeserve, then you may have three firewalls running.

Unlucky Bob 23:47 11 Jun 03

Thanks for the advice. But what is a Tauscan trojan checker?

hugh-265156 00:04 12 Jun 03

never heard of it?

stick with zonealarm and run adaware click here and spybot click here once a week along with a good antivirus and it should keep ya right.

Peverelli 12:37 12 Jun 03

Unlucky Bob, Tauscan is a program that detects and protects your machine from 'Trojan Horses'. As the makers themselves say:

"Tauscan is an easy-to-use trojan horse detection and removal system that protects your computer from trojans. It's not enough to make your system virus-free. You also need to detect, block, and remove the trojans and other backdoor threats to your privacy."

For more info: click here

This, of course, is not the only program on the market but I am more than satisfied with its performance. Costs around £21, but you can download it for a free trial period.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…