zone alarm blocking access to 192.168xxxx -why?

wots it all about 09:27 29 Nov 05

Hiya.
I havent quoted the full ip address above in case Im giving away some sort of personal secret (!)but Zone alarm keeps telling me its blocking access outbound to this ip address. when I did a google search I found it is either a perfectly normal router address (in which case why is zone alarm blocking it) or I got to what seems to be a site for hacking into pc's! Should I be worried that there is a trojan on the pc? I have just got rid of spyware and viruses, and my HJT log looks clean, but what does any one else think?
Also see my next thread "Crss.exe-how to remove"

Batch 09:44 29 Nov 05

From what you say, I assume you have an ADSL Modem Router with your 'puter networked to it.

192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 are private addresses used on local networks (i.e. not over the internet). See click here

It is quite common for the 'puter to ping the router.

ZA doesn't know anything about your network unless you tell it. I set ZA up to have a Trusted Local Net (added under the Firewall tab) which includes the range of 192.168.xxx.xxx that I use and so access is allowed automatically by ZA.

wots it all about 09:54 29 Nov 05

Thanks for that. Yes we have an integrated adsl router. But if zonealarm is not allowing access to it, how am I still able to get on the internet?

mgmcc 13:09 29 Nov 05

Open Zone Alarm, select the Firewall tab on the left then the Zones tab at the top. Click "Add" then select Subnet. Enter:

IP Address - 192.168.X.0 (where "X" is the same as that of your router's IP address)

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0

Description - {anything} but it needs an entry.

Click Apply and close Z.A.

<<< But if zonealarm is not allowing access to it, how am I still able to get on the internet? >>>

There will be an entry already in the Zones tab for the actual 192.168.x.x address allocated by the router to your network adapter.

wots it all about 15:26 29 Nov 05

Thank you for that! Have followed instructions, so hope its ok now. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…