Zone alarm and blocked ISP urgent help needed.

golfpro 10:18 04 Aug 05

I installed Zone Alarm onto my PC yesterday, however it is now blocking incoming traffic from my ISP when they rout my email into Outlook Express (I have two mail addresses with a pop mail facility). How can I get my ISP into the trusted zone on Z/A.
I seem to remember having this problem with Z/A the last time, and thats why I got rid of it.

Stuartli 10:59 04 Aug 05

From Program Control in ZA have you Allowed Outlook Express to gain access i.e. got two blue or green ticks?

golfpro 11:13 04 Aug 05

Yes all ticked, I get my mail through Mail washer and then what I accept gets routed to Outlook Express, But now when it gets there it is not accepted by O/E, and then when I look in the log file in Z/A my ISP packet was blocked when it sent the mail. I just want Z/A to accept traffic from my ISP but I can't find a way to do this.

Stuartli 11:18 04 Aug 05

It might be worth installing ZA again.

Did you choose the Upgrade or Clean Install mode?

Sometimes it's all too easy to select Clean Install when asked (I know from experience) and you have to reconfigure it again.

golfpro 11:41 04 Aug 05

I am not 100% sure but having looked at the Z/A web site screen shots, there is no column in the log file of FREE Z/A marked "Email", therefore preventing any configureation for email access (means I cannot allow my ISP or Outlook express access to send me mail).
If anyone is using more than one email address running through a pop mail server, and also using FREE zone alarm please let me know if you are having problems.

handful 07:43 05 Aug 05

There seems to be a lot of problems with the latest update click here
I lost my internet connection completely and ended up having to uninstall. Now I can't reinstall as the uninstall programme leaves loads of system files, registry entries etc behind and the installation just hangs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now