Zone Alarm blocked intrusions

YinHoNg 11:37 11 Jan 06

Hi. I've noticed that i've had 232045 blocked intrusions with 21 of those being high rated since i've installed zone alarm. Is this normal to have this much hacking going on??

Stuartli 11:51 11 Jan 06

You'll drive yourself paranoid if you don't Disable Alerts from the Alerts and Log tab..:-)

99.9 per cent of these logs are merely assurances that ZA is doing its job and that normal traffic flow both ways is being correctly monitored.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:18 11 Jan 06

The 'intrusions' are not hackers, they are computer handshakes. When you are online you do not go to a website, the site comes to you. Therefore your IP address needs to be known and there are all sorts of servers checking you t see if you are still online. These are what ZA thinks are intrusions. As you can go through 30+ servers when you are on the net you can appreciate that there will be an awful lot of IP address checking going on.

Paranoia is one of the many reasons that I would not touch ZA with a barge pole.

G

sattman 12:39 11 Jan 06

I get no intrusions at all with Zone alarm.

You do not get the intrusions at all if you take the time and trouble to set it up. and use Mozilla

Stuartli 13:29 11 Jan 06

As I stated earlier, Disable the Alerts and Log tab's Alerts i.e. set it to Off.

Damn Machine 13:44 11 Jan 06

Sorry to interrupt in someone else's post - but on a similar subject what are "Port Scans"?

I used have Panda and I would scare the cr*p out of me every so often with notifications and the offer to block them.

PaulB2005 13:51 11 Jan 06

Techincally a Port Scan is when spomeone scans your ports to see which are open.

In reality they are nothing of the sort - although it is possible you where scanned by some viruses on another PC (MSBLaster for example)

Chegs ®™ 15:11 11 Jan 06
  Damn Machine 15:42 11 Jan 06

Thanks for that Chegs.

YinHoNg 15:53 11 Jan 06

i've turned the alerts off but its actually reassuring knowing that zone alarm checks it all.

Thanks guys.... always the best place to come for help.

Stuartli 16:23 11 Jan 06

It's merely doing the job that you installed it to do...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…