Zone Alarm affects InterVideo DVR

Splodge 08:49 03 Jul 06

For some months I have been unable to use InterVideo DVR at its' lowest recording resolution because it will not self start at the appropriate time.

InterVideo could not help! Sometimes the pre-programmed details and the Channels would also disappear and have to be re-installed.

Just recently I have been having problems with Zone Alarm and with 72 days left on my year it suddenly announced that the perid was completed.

I e-mailed Zone with my 3 years payment dates which confirmed this matter but they insisted they were correct. The upshot is, having paid for another year, I have asked to be refunded and this is underway. I promptly installed Trend (recommended by a member on this site) and it found a trojan (missed by Zone and a key-logger which tried to put a false ad in my name on e-bay). E-Bay picked it up!

Surprise, suprise, my InterVideo programs now accept the lowest recording resolution and I have not had any disappearances.

This leads to the conclusion that, somehow, Zone has a conflict. I shall be informing Zone and InterVideo of course but if anyone out there has the same sort of problems and have Zone, try another Anti-Virus, it may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…