zone alarm

jaygice 20:00 10 Jun 03

can someone tell me how to fully delete this off my pc when i start up i get a vs.data 95.vxd i think this is part of zone alarm how do i get this off my system

Philip2 20:33 10 Jun 03

Do a search type in zone alarm and see what comes up if no joy type the file that is causing the problem and delete them.

mikef™ 20:39 10 Jun 03

You must uinstall zonealarm exactly to remove it all, just using ADD/REMOVE doesn't do it, go to click here and choose your operating system. You may need to reinstall it first though.

jaygice 13:20 11 Jun 03

can not find the file vs data95 .vxd do u know where i can delete this file been to the link above looked where to find it anyway looked 4 it but can not find it in there

jaygice 23:59 12 Jun 03

come on give me some help please

hugh-265156 00:10 13 Jun 03

it says delete ant that you find.

if you do a search and they are not there,then thats why you cant find it.

i had to do this a while back and did not have all of them.

hugh-265156 00:10 13 Jun 03

any even

jaygice 00:47 13 Jun 03

i get this file at start up it must be somewhere

hugh-265156 00:57 13 Jun 03

have you ticked show hidden files and folders in

tools/folder options/view in explorer

splork 01:08 13 Jun 03

the files might have been deleted, but are still referenced in the registry.
try selecting the run command in the startmenu, type `msconfig` then click on the `startup` tab - uncheck any references to zonealarm, or truevector - dont delete the entry until you have rebooted once and verified the system still works.
best way is to re-install zone alarm, uninstall it again and reboot when it says so (ie. immediately).

oh...try the `show hidden files` thing above first tho

hugh-265156 01:23 13 Jun 03

a said in the above link instructions.

"delete all that you find"

if you dont find them all,its because you dont have them all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…