//some 3rd party need geo

Zone Alarm and 64bit CPU'S

igk 21:07 05 Aug 05

This may be of interest to anyone who has upgraded to a 64bit cpu (AMD Athlon)and is expecting to use/having trouble with Zone Alarm firewalls (all versions) they are incompatible,if your machine keeps rebooting and you see in your application logs that there is a problem "true vector engine" that's the problem,see here:
click here

igk 23:00 05 Aug 05

And here:
click here

helmetshine 23:42 05 Aug 05

igk

Your first link is early 2004 the second is even older...from 2003...things have moved on a bit since then....i've run zone alarm for a while now with no problems.....until the latest update vers 6 and even those,in my case anyway,have been very minor.And i am using a 64 bit processor so to say it's incompatible is a bit of an exageration.

As i type this i'm using a Athlon FX-53 processor with XP SP2 behind Zone Alarm 6.0.631.003 since upgrading i've sent and received emails,updated all my AV and anti-spyware all with no problems.The only problem i've had is one programs updater was blocked....the setting to allow it wasn't carried across..which i've sorted.

That does seem a common problem with the new version and a lot of people are having real problems... but it isn't limited to 64 bit processors.

click here for plenty of complaints

igk 00:46 06 Aug 05

I'm not getting into any arguments here,I have always used zone alarm with no problems until my son "upgraded" to an athlon 64bit cpu,clean install of win xp pro,with SP1,nothing else,the machine started rebooting straight away,tried SP2 and an older version of zone alarm,with same result,on both occaisions in event viewer logs the ONLY problem was "True Vector Engine" at exactly the time that the machine failed,I removed zone alarm completely and reverted to the XP pro firewall and have had no problems since,so you tell me???
Also you state that in my first link is early 2004,this is wrong take another look at the posting it clearly states the time and date as 07-03-2005 12:18 PM which in anyones language was the Third of July this year!!!
I posted this thread to may be help if people have had a similar problem not to get into any sarcasm there is enough of that from others here.

Jak_1 01:14 06 Aug 05

I have had this 64bit Athlon machine since Julu last year and have had no problems running zonealarm free version on it.

helmetshine 08:09 06 Aug 05

igk

Apologies for the wrong date about your link...as for sarcasm tho....none was intended and i don't see how you could read that into it...my post was to correct,what i see as misinformation,that Zone Alarm is incompatible with 64 bit processors.It isn't.

As for the problem you had...i wish i knew an answer for it as i feel that Zone Alarm is a far better firewall than the windows one,but it doesn't mean it was a general incompatability with 64 bit chips or most,if not all,users of those chips would have problems....that doesn't appear to be the case tho.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…