Zone Alarm 6

Bjthene 17:34 27 Aug 05

Has any one having a problem with Zone Alarm 6.Im using XP Pro with 4 users, and ZA keeps crashing, especially when you change users. I then have to shut down ZA and reboot it and then its o.k. Obviously this poses a security risk as the ZA icon next to the clock is there, so you assume its working ok. Is it just me?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 27 Aug 05

System errors in red at top of control centre, disconnect from web, shut down ZA and restart it, do not need to reboot or log off user.

Ram Rat 17:55 27 Aug 05

I have also had problems after upgrading to Zone Alarm V6. I could't get onto any secure web sites so I have uninstalled back to my last version. I also had trouble setting up in the first place.

Bjthene 18:08 27 Aug 05

To be honest, I have gone back to sygate. Stopped using it over a year ago, don't know why, but that seems allright. Tried Kerio aswell but that just kept popping up with alerts all the time. Thinx Ill stay with sygate for the while

Bjthene 18:10 27 Aug 05

sorry fruit bat, It may be my grammar but that is what I have been doing, shutting down ZA and then rebooting ZA.

anchor 16:49 04 Sep 05

It seems from other reports that Zone Alarm 6 is full of bugs.

The consensus appears to be "don`t install it"; at least until they get the problems resolved. Stay with version 5.x.

click here

Stuartli 17:36 04 Sep 05

I've used ZA6 (including latest version) since it came out and also installed it on three other systems.

All are running equally as successfully as previous versions of ZA.

TonyV 17:52 04 Sep 05

I have ZA 6.0.631.03 Pro, and this works fine. It is only on a single machine, but I have no trouble at all.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…