Zone Alarm 51-011

danpost 20:17 17 Sep 04

Downloaded this the other night as an upgrade, and although it cleared the problem of not being able to run Chkdsk, it locked all programs in the "Access" column, and allowed all my programs in the "Internet" column. It would not respond to any attempt to change crosses and ticks.
Have reverted to 5.0.590.043 on this months cover of PCA, then I look at all the postings on this forum reporting problems with this version as well.
Is my problem with 51 general or isolated?
PCA cover disk versions are/ or were, in my "Trusted Zone" - not so sure now.

Hate Pooters!
Regards
danpost

Halmer 21:23 17 Sep 04

I recently upgraded to the latest version.

Prior to this, whenever I tried to run Scadisk or whatever it's called (the blue screen at boot up) it told me that it could not open the volume.

Now that I have upgraded to the latest version of ZA this problem has disappeared. I didn't even realise that ZA was causing the problem to be honest.

danpost 22:03 17 Sep 04

Dan,
The 51 version fixed the Chkdsk problem for me like yours, but are you able to change any programme access preferences within ZA?
EVERY prog on my computer was listed as "allowed" for Internet access and ZA would not allow ANY changes. Reversion to 5.0.590.043 - no probs as yet<G>.

regards
danpost

Tick Tock 23:28 17 Sep 04

Never had any problems with zone alarm untill the
latest version it installs ok but then just refuses
to start,I have just tried the latest version of
kerio and like it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…