Zone Alarm

swanny2 11:32 30 Mar 07

Hi
ive just turned my pc on and in the tray at the bottom right of my screen is a little sign sayin Windows security Alerts.
When i click on it i get Firewall Off, now when i click on it it then tells me Zone Alarm is turned off,yet in the tray at the bottom of my screen ,is the LetterZ as if Zone alarm is working..
Whayt i cant work out is why im getting the security Alert saying its turned Off. Now my son has zone alarm too on his laptop via a Router,Could!! this be anything too do with it,ive no idea .

help plz. thanks

bof:) 11:53 30 Mar 07

have you tried just rebooting your pc? If so are you still having the same problem after the reboot?

swanny2 12:53 30 Mar 07

Cheers Bof rebooted seems ok now thanks.. dont know why tho . canu explain why i had reboot,just for future referrence cheers.
an tx again.. :O)

bof:) 13:31 30 Mar 07

not really it just happens now and then. I'm assuming that somewhere along the line Zone Alarm did not load correctly hence the error. It always pays to have a second go at starting pc up if you have an error on a program the first time.

Mike

swanny2 15:33 30 Mar 07

ok tx 4 ure help. :O)

Diemmess 18:35 30 Mar 07

'Had a ballon from Taskbar today saying a new update of Zone Alarm was available.
I managed to steer through blandishments to load all sorts of versions (all with a cost somewhere) and downloaded/installed a very new look and large file.

You could just try updating and see if that clears the confusion?

SURVEY 14:49 01 Apr 07

swanny2 -see my postings in Helproom over the last couple of days. The latest update appears to be buggy and really screwed up my computer.

swanny2 16:54 01 Apr 07

ok cheers mate seems too be running ok at the moment.
thanks for help anyway.
cheers :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…