zone alarm

iqs 13:20 04 Apr 06

Hello.I have just installed Zone Alarm and I'm constantly receiving a Zone Alarm Security Alert.The program is called Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services.Also stated is Smart Defense Advisor.For the last 4 years I have used NIS,so any advice appreciated.Cheers,Mike

Jaro 13:48 04 Apr 06

read this click here

961 13:48 04 Apr 06

You should be able to "allow" the programme to access the internet and get ZA to remember to allow in future. You will then get no more alerts for that process

Once ZA has worked its way through the various programmes and processes these alerts will only occur when a new or revised programme or process is trying to operate

Smart defense advisor can sometimes advise but often it does not

If you are not sure to allow or deny you can always deny on a once only basis and see what does not work. If everything is ok you can deny permanently

You can alter these settings later if you need by going to the Zone Alarm programme page

anskyber 13:49 04 Apr 06

Have a look at this to help with ZA. It looks as if it is part of the Operating system but to check, when the warning comes up nexyt click the "view properties" on the alarm. click here

Stuartli 13:52 04 Apr 06

You should allow Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services - you tick the box and then Allow for ZA to remember.

iqs 15:41 04 Apr 06

Hi and thanks for the quick replys.Like stated in the original thread I have always used NIS without any issues.Except the usual excessive memory usuage.So I decided to ditch NIS and go with the recommendations of the forum users.So far ,very impressive and free.Just takes some getting use to.Once again many thanks,Mike : )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…