zone alarm

swanny2 16:29 06 Aug 05

i have zo the free trial . my question is when i go to listen too w/hill radio zone alarm stops it.so how do i correct this too save me keep turning zo off. any help plz..
ty

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:08 07 Aug 05

Do you have alerst switced on in ZA?

ZA should ask for permission to allow w/hill to acess your computer.

You can allow access by ticking the "allow"button and the "remember this" button on the alert.

OR

Right click the zone alarm icon in the system tray select Restore ZA Control Centre click program control scroll down to the program you use to listen to the radio and select it then in the Acess column right click and select allow.

Stuartli 21:52 07 Aug 05

Fruit Bat /\0/\ has offered the solution for your query; I just wish to point out that the free version of ZoneAlarm is just that and not a "trial" version...:-)

There are some additional features in the Pro version, but the majority of home users are very well served by the alternative free offering.

swanny2 23:45 07 Aug 05

there is no programs in there mate just program control set too medium and automatic lock. set too off.And i didnt get any alerts i usually do ? , ty anyway .

Sharpamatt 07:51 08 Aug 05

did you get the manual options when you set up ? ( I am useing full not trial ) if so select it and that will give the options when a program is selected

Stuartli 09:53 08 Aug 05

"..just program control..automatic lock..."

Why not just try clicking on the second tab on that page?

It's stated quite clearly....:-)

swanny2 10:52 09 Aug 05

cheers i opened that but theres nothing there about will hill radio for me too allow it too run ?

swanny2 15:42 09 Aug 05

should i have the auto lock set too Off? not 2 sure . ty

Stuartli 16:01 09 Aug 05

ZA will list whatever is trying to access the internet if it doesn't already have permission via a pop-up window; you can select whether to allow or block and to make the configuration permanent by ticking the box.

swanny2 13:01 12 Aug 05

i turned the log alerts on then when i tryed too turn the radio website i went too zone alarm alerted me that it was protected.nothing about how i can let it in .so the log alerts did nothing just tell me that it was blocked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…